The 30th Annual Zia Regional Rodeo, Rodeo Reunion and Camp Out Presented by The City of Santa Fe and Jack Daniels. A charitable event, to be held in Santa Fe, NM at the Rodeo de Santa Fe Rodeo Grounds on August 26-28 2022.
The New Mexico Gay Rodeo Association (NMGRA) announces that the Zia Regional Rodeo will be held on August 27 and 28, 2022 at the Rodeo de Santa Fe Grounds, 3237 Rodeo Road (at Richards Ave and at Ave Pueblos).
The Saturday grand entry and rodeo performance will start at 12 pm. Gates open at 0900 and slack events beginning at 1000 am.
A Rodeo School, for beginners will be held on Friday with information listed below:
Friday, August 26
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Rodeo School (see NMGRA.org)
- 6:00 pm – 12:00 midnight: music and entertainment at the rodeo grounds
- Saturday, August 27
- 10:00 am: Rodeo starts and goes until last rider, approximately 5 pm
- 6:00pm: NMGRA 30th Annual Reunion, Dinner, Dancing and Entertainment.
- Sunday, August 28
- 10:00 am: Rodeo starts and goes until last rider, approximately 5 pm Music and live entertainment throughout the day
- 8:00 pm Awards Ceremony with music and dancing
Rodeo fans can watch the all-day action for a $10.00 per person, per day or $15.00 for both days (children under 12, free with adult admission). Tickets are available at the gate.
Grand Entry starts at 12 noon for the Saturday and Sunday Rodeo performances.
There will be food, drink, light alcohol, and western retail vendors in addition to the exciting rodeo action.
Gay Rodeo events include animal friendly, breakaway calf roping, team roping, barrel racing, flag race, pole bending, and the rough stock events: bull riding and steer riding.
There are three special “camp” events that are sure to entertain the crowd, including the fun “Wild Drag Race”. A team of three tries to get a fully costumed “drag” contestant mounted on the back of a uncooperative steer. If you have never seen the hilarious and unpredictable Wild Drag Race…now is your chance!
A portion of the net proceeds support Silver Horizons www.silverhorizons.org a local independent nonprofit organization who supports struggling and low income seniors. NMGRA will be having a food drive, spectators are encouraged to bring non-perishable food times.
Additional information including how to attend, participate and volunteer for the Zia Regional Rodeo is available as it develops on NMGRA.org
Here’s what you need to know:
- Skilled cowboys, competitive cowgirls, fast horses and animal friendly rodeo action
- Rodeo De Santa Fe Rodeo Grounds, Santa Fe, NM, 3237 Rodeo Road (at Richards Ave and at Ave Pueblos)
- $10 daily entry allows you to come and go as you please, Children under 12 free with adult.
- A Family friendly event….suitable for children and adults of ALL AGES…the Wild drag race may include some funny wigs and dresses
For all the details go to NMGRA.org
Photo credit: NMGRA