This Sunday, May 24th will be the 99th running of the iconic Indianapolis 500. But just one year away from its 100th birthday, there seems to a declining interest in U.S. racing fans for IndyCar racing. To give you an idea of the numbers behind the Indy 500, we want to thank Wallet Hub, a website offering personal finance resources, for their infographic shown below – “Indy 500 By the Numbers.”
They have also asked a panel of four distinguished sports business and motorsports experts the following questions:
1. To what do you attribute the Indy 500’s poor ratings last year? What measures can be undertaken to increase viewership?
2. What are your predictions in terms of TV ratings and sponsorship revenue for this year’s Indy 500?
3. How did Indy Car’s sponsorship hold up during the recession? How did this differ with other sports and to what do you ascribe the difference?
4. What’s your take on the new car shapes?
5. Could we ever see an all-electric Indy 500?
6. What are the biggest issues facing the business of Indy Car Racing?
7. Who is your pick to win? Will Helio Castroneves ever get his 4th Indy win?
To read their comments, go to http://wallethub.com/blog/indy-500-by-the-numbers/4005/
Powered by Compete partner, JW Advisors.