What is the Sports Diversity Leader (SDL) designation?
The SDL designation identifies the individual or enterprise designation holder as a leader in sports diversity.
Who should earn their SDL designation?
1. Individuals who support inclusion.
2. Organizations that support diversity.
3. Companies that support equality.
4. Travel and tourism groups that support acceptance.
5. Any person or group that wants to support LGBTQ+ sports
Make a Difference by Earning Your SDL
And position yourself as a leader in sports diversity.
Beginning October 2017
Via Application and Audit
Pilot Program by Invitation Only
Beginning January 2018
For registration information: [email protected]m
Sports Diversity Leadership
Sports Diversity Leadership Council (SDLC)
A membership organization dedicated to empowering LGBTQ+ sports organizations by fostering and advancing sports inclusion, diversity, equality, and acceptance in the global marketplace.
Sports Diversity Leadership Institute (SDLI)
Develops educational programs designed to train current and future sports diversity leaders to advance sports diversity by offering the SDL designation to individuals, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations and travel/tourism organizations.
The SDL designation requires the following:
1. Successfully complete SDL courses (either online or in-person); currently eight courses.
2. Successfully complete at least three mentoring sessions with your SDL assigned mentor.
3. Participate in at least one SDL community call.
4. Complete SDL designation continuing education as required.
Organizations may learn more about completing the program by contacting the Sports Diversity Leadership Institute at [email protected]
From our 2016 Conference