Looking for a great stuffing recipe? Our food columnist Chef Tim Talty offers up one of his favorite holiday recipes: Sausage stuffing! This easy to prepare recipe is a HOME RUN at Thanksgiving, Christmas or any time of the year!
1-2 Loaves Sourdough Bread – Cubed ½ inch
1 Large Yellow Onion Diced
3 Celery Stalks Diced
3 Garlic Cloves Minced
1/2lb Unsalted Butter
1-2 cups Chicken Stock
1lb Ground Italian Sausage
2 tbsp Chives Minced
2 tbsp Parsley Chopped
1 tsp Thyme Chopped
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cubed bread on a sheet pan and toast in the oven about 10 mins until dry. Once cooled place in a large mixing bowl
- In a saute pan melt your butter and add celery, onions, and garlic. Saute over medium heat until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pour the vegetables over the bread.
- Next brown your sausage in a saute pan over medium heat, making sure to break up the pieces. Once cooked add to the bread mixture.
- Add the herbs, and half the stock to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and add more stock as needed.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 30 mins until browned on the top.
Enjoy with your favorite holiday meal!
If you love Tim’s stuffing you will love his protein bar, too! Check out taltybar.com.