St. Petersburg will host the International Gay and Lesbian Football Association’s North American Championship. The event is the largest LGBTQIA soccer tournament in North America. It was last held in Madison Wisconsin.
St. Pete is home of the Tampa Bay Rowdies Home and America’s Best Beaches is a vibrant arts community filled with amazing outdoor experiences, nightlife, and is one of the most gay-friendly cities in the nation.
The #IGLFANAC It’s a 3-day, 7 on 7 soccer tournament with several divisions that rolls into a huge Florida Pride weekend June 24-25 in St. Pete’s. St. Pete Pride draws in over 100,000 attendees every year is one of the biggest events in Florida, and one of the largest in the U.S.
View this post on Instagram
The IGLFA is the world’s foremost international organization devoted solely to developing and promoting LGBTQ+ football (soccer). Our mission is to promote a safe space for participation in football among LGBTQ+ people and friends of our community, while ensuring physical and tactical under- standing of the highest standards for football competitions and establishing international standards for all IGLFA sanctioned tournaments, events, and Gay Games.
IGLFA Mission Goals
- The IGLFA strives to promote equality in the international football community while sup- porting LGBTQ+ football worldwide
- The IGLFA supports, encourages, and promotes the growth of LGBTQ+ football clubs and Referees worldwide while promoting fair play and a positive football experience
- The IGLFA promotes the physical and tactical understanding of football
- The IGLFA provides opportunities for LGBTQ+ football participants and our allies to come together in both social and competitive arenas
- The IGLFA supports numerous sporting organizations and coalition groups whose goals are to rid homophobia/transphobia/biphobia in sport
- The IGLFA provides an “Outreach Program” to assist teams and individuals with attending sanctioned tournaments that they may not have been able to attend otherwise
St Pete Pride is a non-profit organization created to celebrate and support the LGBTQIA+ community through cultural events, educational programs, and advocacy actions. To strengthen St. Petersburg’s legacy of inclusion and diversity, providing a safe space for the education, self-exploration, and celebration of our LGBTQIA+ community and allies. By championing equity and representation, we aim to create an open and compassionate community where people are empowered to thrive. No matter who they are.