The famous (or infamous) Aspen Gay Ski Week is one of the largest annual “Gay Ski Weeks” and attracts thousands of people from all over the world for a week of the most FABULOUS skiing, snowboarding, partying and lots of time spent in the hot tub. Happening January 13-19th 2019, this year’s event promises to be the best yet!
The 2019 Aspen Gay Ski Week will feature some of the staples of Gay Ski Week, including the infamous pool party, downhill costume contest, women’s events and so much more! For a full run-down visit http://gayskiweek.com/events but here are some of the important ones you should know!
- All Week- Hospitality Suite at the Limelight Hotel is the place to go for all your AGSW information, vendor booths, swag, tickets and everything else. 335 S Monarch, Aspen, CO.
- All Week- Apres Ski Hot Tub Parties at the Limelight Hotel 3-7pm. After a day in the snow, strip down to your speedo, grab some snacks and drinks and enjoy the big hottubs at the Limelight Hotel! 335 S Monarch, Aspen, CO.
- January 13th– Friendship Dinner 6-10pm and Opening Cocktail Reception 9-11pm at the Hotel Jerome 330 E Main Street, Aspen, CO. Tickets available to the Opening Reception available online and at the door.
- January 16th– Women’s Dinner at Ellina connect with your fellow female skiiers and snowboarders over delicious food and wine at one of the hottest restaurants in Aspen. 430 East Hyman Avenue, Aspen, CO.
- January 17th- Women’s Cocktail Party at Hooch 530-730pm enjoy snacks and drinks with your friends, featuring DJ Alex Golden 301 E Hopkins Aspen, CO.
- January 18th– Downhill Costume Contest and Party one of the biggest events of Gay Ski Week is the downhill costume contest. Hosted by the legendary Sister Helen Holy the contestants will be competing for cash prizes, 1st place $1000, 2nd place $500 and 3rd place $250. Email email@example.com to sign up!
- January 19th– Big Gay Ice Show 715-815pm at the Aspen Recreation Center. It is the first “Out andProud Big Gay Ice Show” and will feature a fun, campy show with Olympic Medalists Eric Radford, Jeremy Abbott, Ashley Wagner and Jonathon Hunt. 0861 Maroon Creek Rd. Aspen, CO.
- January 19th– The Pool Party 830pm-130am at Aspen Recreation Center is the big “must do” event for Aspen Gay Ski Week, where you trade skis for speedos and enjoy the famous (or infamous) party with all your new friends from the week! Must be over 21 to participate. 0861 Maroon Creek Rd. Aspen, CO.
The “Pride on the Slopes” event has a quite a history as the original Gay Ski Week in the world, with the event helping to shape Colorado’s and the United States History of LGBTI rights in addition to becoming one of the biggest annual events in the Rocky Mountains. Find more info at www.gayskiweek.com
By Dirk Smith