Ray McDonald
December 18, 2014 | by Compete Network
49ers release Ray McDonald in midst of sexual assault investigation

The San Francisco 49ers have cut Ray McDonald while a sexual assault investigation against him is being carried on by San Jose police. This is according to 49ers general manager Trent Baalke who reported that he informed McDonald and his agent by phone that he is “terminated.”

Baalke shared that they have informed the NFL that this is a team decision, that CEO Jed York and coach Jim Harbaugh were part of the decision making process. “We expect a lot from our players,” said Baalke, “hold them accountable for their actions.” Harbaugh notified the players of the decision.

While no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed as yet, Sgt. Heather Randol of the San Jose police said that detectives searched McDonald’s San Jose home. Randol said an area hospital notified police late Tuesday night that a woman seeking treatment “alleged she was possible sexually assaulted a day prior.”

Just last month the Santa Clara County district attorney’s office announced its decision not to file charges against McDonald in a domestic violence investigation that led to his August 31 arrest due to “conflicting versions of what happened, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses and a lack of cooperation by the alleged victim, McDonald’s fiancée.”

Baalke said “This is about a pattern of poor decision making.”

Powered by Compete partner, Axiom for Men.  Please visit their website at www.axiomformen.com.

Compete is the world's first and only sports diversity magazine. Our mission is to "unite the world through sports" and we do that every day by spotlighting the best in sports news, entertainment, health and fitness and much more.

Comments are closed
NGLCC_4C_LGBTBE_1CTAG

Copyright Media Out Loud, LLC 2006-2016